Re: Removing clubs from training and exams?

Steve marsh (M0NMA)

I have mixed feelings. With the current exam structure, I disagree. However this has the problem that it is increasingly difficult to find somewhere nearby where you can take the exam. This results in new amateurs joining a club solely to sit the exam and then disappearing due to the distances involved, or giving up entirely because it is too difficult to get there.

If there was a new, very basic, licence then this could be done without involving any clubs but it would then give an opportunity for clubs to contact more outlying members using V/UHF repeaters to encourage them on their way towards higher licences where a practical and exam are needed. It might even encourage the creation of new repeaters....

Steve

Join main@hamclubs.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.