Re: One to rule them all

Steve marsh (M0NMA)

Trevor

I echo your comments - our experience is that the members area was not used and so has now been disabled. We have set up a groups.io closed mailing group that provides most of the functionality that a members area would have - message, file and photo folders are available as well as a wiki. In practice our website is now more of a window on the club, training, the hobby and our activities. It has some use to members but is more useful in attracting interest in us/the hobby.

We also have a facebook group that has many more non-members than members and only about 25% of the club use the FB group, We also have a Twitter account, which has a feed to the website so is a quick and easy way of updating our main page so that it appears current to visitors.

Join main@hamclubs.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.